- We have recently achieved the Eco-Schools Silver Award and are now working towards the Green Flag Award - the top accolade.
- We have achieved the School Games Gold Mark Award for the 2017/18 and now the 2018/19 academic years. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
- We are very proud of our wonderful kitchen staff who have recently received their 5 star award for hygiene. The inspectors considered:
- how hygienically the food is handled; how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- the condition of the structure of the buildings; the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- how the school manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
We have registered with the Arts Council's Arts Mark in order to recognise the creative curriculum opportunities that we as a school already offer to our pupils and to further develop in this area. Creativity was a key driver in our new school vision and was one of the key priority areas voted for by parents, children, staff and governors in the stakeholder consultations. This journey should help to maintain our drive to includes the arts within our curriculum planning and showcase the work we are successfully providing as a school. Please follow the link below to find out more about this project.