Skip to main content
- We have received the Arts Mark Gold Award recognising the creative curriculum opportunities that we offer to pupils. Creativity was a key driver when developing the school vision and curriculum and was one of the key priority areas voted for by parents, children, staff and governors in stakeholder consultations. This journey helped us to maintain our drive to includes the arts within our curriculum planning and showcase the work we are successfully providing as a school.
- We were the first school in Wakefield to achieve the Health and Wellbeing Charter - Acknowledging our commitment to health and wellbeing in school.
- We have recently achieved the Eco-Schools Green Flag Award - the top accolade.
- We have achieved the School Games Gold Mark Award for the 2017/18 and the 2018/19 academic years. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
- We are very proud of our wonderful kitchen staff who have received their 5 star award for hygiene. The inspectors considered:
- how hygienically the food is handled; how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- the condition of the structure of the buildings; the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- how the school manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.