Key Stage 2 children undertook a first aid programme last week. The aim of the course was to increase pupils' knowledge and skills, in a safe friendly manner, ensuring that if they are ever in an emergency situation they will know how to react safely.
The First Aid programme included:
• How to make a clear and efficient call to the emergency services
• Keeping safe in an emergency
• Dealing with some common injuries and treatment, such as Cuts and bleeding, head injuries
• Airway Obstruction: Choking
• Lifesaving skills including how to perform CPR
• When a defibrillator might be needed - also a chance to have a go on a practice AED.
The children have really enjoyed the sessions and it has been wonderful seeing them practicing their new skills during the course.