Thank you again for taking the time to complete our remote education survey. As a result of this, we have made a number of enhancements to our offer. You will now find on our website a document called ‘Remote Education Provision: Information for Parents.’ This document outlines our remote provision but also provides clarity in relation to some of the question’s parents have asked us such as:
- How long can I expect work set by the school to take my child each day?
- When will learning be available to access on the Google Classroom and Tapestry?
- How do we support children who are finding the work difficult or not keeping the same pace?
Some of the improvements we have made in response to the survey include:
- The introduction of ‘getting ready for learning’ live sessions most mornings in Reception where Mrs Tordoff will outline the days activities, share a story and set the tone for learning.
- In Year 1, Phonics inputs will be provided live and supplemented by videos to further develop early reading.
- ‘Learning clinics’ are being introduced throughout school. These are twice weekly (minimum) half hour sessions where each teacher will be available for a half an hour slot to discuss any learning issues children may be having.
- We are aware that a couple of teachers haven’t had the 40-minute time limit removed from their Zoom account. We have been working to resolve this with Zoom but this has not been easy! We are aware that there are other platforms out there for live lessons, but having done our own research we believe that Zoom is the easiest and safest platform for our children and staff.