Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Christmas live event. We hope that you enjoyed it and that it brought some Christmas cheer! It was a lovely opportunity for us to come together as a school community and celebrate Christmas. The children have been incredible as always – well done everyone.
We used Microsoft Team’s live event feature. Each class was allocated a key question in relation to Christmas and prepared something to share during the event. Reverend Charlene also offered a reading and a blessing and we also shared a collective video as a festive fun finale treat!
Order of service was:
- Mr Walker – Introduction
- Worship Committee – Open with a reading (Luke 2 – pg 1188)
- Nursery – Why do we celebrate Christmas?
- Year 6 - Is Christmas only for Christians?
- Year 2 - Why is the Christmas story ‘good news’ for Christians? (3:08)
- Reception - What is special about the Nativity Bible story?
- Year 4 - Why is light so important at Christmas?
- Year 1 - Who is in the stable Nativity scene?
- Year 5 - What is peace at Christmas time?
- Year 3 – Why is family such an important part of the Christmas story?
- Reverend Charlene – Blessing/Reading
- Mr Walker – Final comments
- Finale Video
A huge thank you to the children, staff and parents in school for what you have all done over the last few months. It has been a very challenging time for everyone but an immense privilege to be part of this school.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Here is another chance to watch the finale video - enjoy...