Ackworth Howard J & I CE School’s vision for our children is rooted in Christian belief and principles. It is the core aim of our school that every member of the school community feels valued and respected and that each person is treated fairly and well. We are a caring school, whose values are built on mutual trust and respect for all.
We adopt all Christian Values as a guiding principle with a particular focus upon Forgiveness, Friendship, Compassion and Trust
As a school we aim to work towards excellent standards of achievement and behaviour, inspiring a love of learning and providing the opportunities and encouragement for each child to develop to their greatest potential.
At our school we:
- Promote a secure, caring and supportive environment in which high standards of behaviour are expected.
- Every child has the right to learn and every teacher has the right to teach.
- Recognise, respect and encourage the individuality of the child.
- Promote Christian Values while showing respect for the beliefs of others.
- Encourage excellence in both learning and teaching.
- Adults and children have a good working relationship and mutual respect.
- All staff are highly motivated and part of a supportive, professional team.
- Governors are supportive, involved and well informed. They are key members of the team.
- Parents contribute significantly to the school. They are welcomed, encouraged and valued in all areas of school life.
- Are a central and valued part of the community and the community is an extension of life in the school.
- Encourage an awareness and understanding of the similarities and differences of all people within the wider world.
Growing in Independence and