Please see published school letters for latest updates.
In light of the current situation regarding Covid-19, we have contingency plans in place for home learning opportunities. It is important for us that our children do not miss the education they would receive during the normal school days. We have therefore looked at various distant learning options and have decided to use Google Classroom. Please find information below.
Home learning such as Mathletics, Spellodrome and SATs Companion will also remain active. We have also added a list of websites that offer learning opportunities and resources that may provide useful. The image on this page also illustrates a social story related to school closure.
Pontefract Foodbank is available to access and to contribute donations - [email protected] - 07935530583
In more general terms the information below may be invaluable in helping you to deal with or gain advice for any concerns you may have in the present situation we are all faced with. These concerns may evolve as time goes on rather than, for most, in the immediate future.
• Samaritans: Any time free from any phone 116 123 or text 07725 909090 or email: [email protected]
• Young Minds: Parent Helpline 08088025544 free for mobiles and landlines – Monday to Friday for concerns relating to child/ young person’s mental health up to the age of 25
• The Papyrus Helpline: www.papyrus-uk.org if you are worried about someone and need to talk or find out how best to support them. Their work deals with suicide prevention. Call 0800684141 or text 07786 209697 or email: [email protected]
• Kooth: www.kooth.com free safe and anonymous support for 11-19 year olds online
• Childline: Contact number 0800 11 11 www.childline.org.uk
• CAMHS: Children’s Adolescent Mental Health Service - single point of access for advice and support 01924 304 172
• Young Minds: youngminds.org.uk
• Children’s Society – Self isolating and dealing with conflict at home childrenssociety.org.uk
If you are worried about a family or individual
• Children’s Social Care Wakefield: 0345 8503503
Free School Meal Arrangements - We have adopted the governments national voucher scheme.
Again, as always, if you need any support, please give us a call.