We aim to:
- Provide a calm, safe, purposeful and happy atmosphere within school, where everyone feels safe, welcome and secure.
- Have a consistent and positive approach to behaviour throughout the school by providing clear boundaries and modelling appropriate behaviour.
- Encourage self-discipline so that each child learns to accept responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Ensure that every member of the school community behaves in a considerate, co-operative way towards others reflecting the ethos of our Christian values.
- Help our children develop into caring and thoughtful people who respect and value thefeelings, opinions, beliefs, property and differences of others.
- Encourage our children to co-operate with one another and with adults in the school.
- Create a positive climate with realistic expectation.
- Provide additional and different behaviour support and guidance for pupils with specific needs.
- Work alongside parents to encourage our children to develop their mind, body and spirit in preparation for living life in all its fullness.
How we will achieve our aims:
- We will provide a caring community whose values are built upon mutual trust and respect for all, where children and adults have access to support and advice where needed.
- We will establish clear rules and boundaries. We will have a clear set of rights, expectations and routines for all members of the school community. Additionally, each class will agree and display its own rules. Playground rules will be agreed. Key stages will use age appropriate systems.
- We will ensure that all children understand the rewards and consequences. Wherever possible, a problem solving approach will be adopted by children and adults to resolve differences. Consequences may still need to be enforced but the decision is shared and explained.
- The adults in school have an important responsibility to model high standards of behaviour in their dealings with children and with each other as their example has an important influence on the children.